Re: Six Cylinder Sounds

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Six Cylinder Sounds
From: pgarside@acorn.co.uk (Paul Garside)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 93 10:24:00 BST
          >--Scott "Or poke some holes in the muffler with a finishing nail"
Fisher says:

         >Speaking of six-cylinder motors, I'm currently trying to figure out
         >what to do with the Imitation GT6's muffler.  I'd love to make that
         >car sound more British.

There was an aftermarket GT-6 exhaust system which sounded wonderful, by
S.A.H. I think - someone over here will confirm this. It had a lovely burble
on light throttle and and a vicious crackle on liftoff. I don't know if they
still make them.

Old Bs sound best with the rear box removed, with either a length of 1 1/2
ali scaffold pole to the back or a side exit under the driver's door!

Paul.