MGA Calipers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Calipers
From: Paul Tonizzo _DTN 631-7107 18-Oct-1993 0839 <tonizzo@trooa.enet.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 93 05:42:18 PDT
        I've heard a number of conflicting stories about whether or not it
 is OK to split calipers on this car.  One source claimed they would never
 seal properly again if split.  Another source said it would not leak as long
 as it was reassembled carefully with clean faces on each half.
        Personally I can't see anyone freeing up stuck caliper pistons WITHOUT
 splitting the caliper in half.  Does anyone have any advice on doing this?
 How about an alternate method of freeing up stuck pistons?  (When I say stuck
 pistons, I mean frozen to the point that no amount of compressed air will
 free them up.)

        regards,

        Paul