rocker assembly on 1275 Midget (1974)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: rocker assembly on 1275 Midget (1974)
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 93 09:23:02 CDT
I dissasembled the rocker train yesterday to examine for wear, boy, the
rocker arms had cut down about a mm into the shaft!

Anyway, I cleaned and oiled and started to reasemble the parts so I would know
where everything went when I got the new shaft. I put on the first rocker
arm and noticed that the oil hole on the shaft did not match up with the
oil hole on the arm?? Now the parts were definately being put on the 'way
they came off', and the arms weren't upside down because I used the tapped
rocker bracket as a reference (i.e. the screw in grommet goes at the top).

Either (1) the arms weren't correctly replaced after the previous owner
did the rebuild or (2) the oil hole don't match anyway!!! It seems tha if the
rocker arms were put on upside down, the oil holes would be over each other....

I have the pressed type of rocker arms (I think, mine have the 7 or 8 dimples)
, and would also like to know if the bearings/bushes are replaceable? Are those
 the the bushes that are in the VB catologues (p64) and Moss (p6, part 50)??

Thanks for any answers, and I'd just like say a real BIG thankyou to
everybody on the brit-car list for all the help I have recieved so far.
I it weren't for you guys and gals I would be sat at home in the evenings
waiting for the 'jack-the-lad' Buick mechanic down the road to rebuild
my motor for the bargain price of $2500!!!! Direct quote...'you see
son, it's the parts AND labor on this little b*****d that'll cost you'

Marcus