Rio Grande Rendezvous

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rio Grande Rendezvous
From: sanders@hydra.unm.edu
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1993 09:08:34 -0600
Hi
Had a very good Britcar weekend. At the last minute I found out that
the local club (that I am going to get more involved with if/when my
schedule calms down) was hosting the annual Rio Grande Rendezvous here in
Albuquerque. Good turn-out, approximately 60 cars, with people also coming
from Texas, Colorado, and Oklahoma. It is always amazing to me how high
the quality of the cars is - I had to spend a couple of hours cleaning up
my car Friday eve after registering and seeing some of them. I couldn't
do much with the group on Saturday, missing the rally and dinner. I did
manage to swing by for tech inspection for the Sunday morning gymkhana.
The local SCCA Solo II people were nice enough to let a bunch of britcars
run before the usual procedings. I had a blast on my first time trying
autocrossing and posted a decent time.  The car show followed and gave
me a good opportunity to scope out the cars. Of particular note was a unique
Morgan +4 MM with a History. Everyone had fun at the funkhana, which
conveniently ended just before a rain clound dumped. All in all, an enjoyable
event - I'm going to start planning to attend next year.

John Sanders