MGB Shocks

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Shocks
From: Anthony F Debella <anagld!aplcen!jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu!mgdriver@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1993 17:46:37 -0400
Well, I finally replaced the rear shocks on my '73 BGT this weekend.  It
was a straight parts swap with rebuilt Armstrongs but the actual removal
of the old shocks was a bit difficult.  The lever arm was rusted to the link,
so I had to buy links.  That necessitated driving to the Moss wharehouse
in NJ on Sat. (was anyone there for MG day???) and buying the links over
the counter, as I could not wait until Tuesday to get the links if I was
going to go to the Billy Joel concert on Monday(good concert).  Anyway,
much to my chagrin, the bolt in the lower part of the shock link rotated
in the rubber when I turned the nut.  I had to hacksaw the link off.  Has
anyone come up with a more creative solution?  For getting the shock off
the link I thought of using a mouthpiece puller for a trumpet/trombone,
but noone in my family plays a brass instrument.  Any brass players out
there that think that this would have worked????

Also, some non-LBC content.  A friend of mine has a Fiat 850 with a blown
brake master cylinder.  Would an early spridget MC work??

Cheerio,
Anthony DeBella JHU Mech.Engineering 1996