Re: British Cars Digest #974 Wed Oct 20 01:15:03 MDT 1993

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #974 Wed Oct 20 01:15:03 MDT 1993
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Wed Oct 20 07:18:50 1993
just a few comments on the latest digest.

Teriann, the paint you are thinking of is Glasurit...it is a very
nice German made paint..a car which I just purchased has a fresh
coat and it looks very nice(hugely expensive prep work by the PO)

re ins. damage...if the damage is the fault of another party, his
ins. company must repair to the condition before the damage...and
you can insist on no aftermarket parts, if the car had none at the
time of the damage.  If you do not get satisfaction, the complaint
to the ins. commission that the company has failed to act in good
faith can be amazingly effective.  I used that once when handling a
clain on an office vehicle.

If your insurance company is paying the bill, you are limited by
your insurance policy, if it allows aftermarket parts...something
like BMC or equal quality, you may be stuck with aftermarket
parts,unless you pay the difference.  I agree with the other
statements...re: have your car appraised.  My insurance company,
State Farm, requires an appraisal as a condition of a stated value
policy.

RE: coolant...I use only distilled water and water wetter in the
race mini cooper, it works great...I also have an expansion tank
added to the system.(BTW, SVRA will not permit antifreeze in race
cars.)

jim

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or jfuerstenberg@zz-link.dcmdc.dla.mil

"It has been said that motor racing shares in common with sex the distinction
of being of the most popular, most maligned and least understood of human
activities.

Charles Beaumont and William F. Nolan from "Omnibus of Speed"

From  rwg1@cornell.edu Tue Sep 11 11:54:57 2001