Gasoline vs Copper

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Gasoline vs Copper
From: DEHAASM@NAPC-1.NAVY.MIL
Date: Wed 20 Oct 93 10:43:15-EDT
  It seems like we have a lot of Chemistry Dudes on this list so I
have a question regarding a comment made to a fuel delivery set up on
my TR-6.  At the last TVR club car show "Out of the Woodwork" someone
commented to me that copper tubing is not good to use for transporting
gasoline.  However this person did not offer up any proof to back this
comment.  If this is true what in gasoline is bad for copper pipes and
fittings????  I noticed on many older cars like MGA (I think) there are
copper components to the carburetors.

Mark deHaas
dehaasm@napc-1.navy.mil