Intermittent problem is no longer intermittent

To: b-c@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Intermittent problem is no longer intermittent
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 93 10:50:53 -0500
You may remember my post about my GT6 stalling after a left turn. Well, the
problem just went away, until yesterday. After a left turn it died, right
in the left lane of a busy street....

After a few minutes it started again, and I drove home with no problems. This
morning on the way into work it began coughing, even on mild left turns. In
town (Washington, MO) I made a left to go to the post office and it died
completely. I have not been able to start it since.

It's also raining, just to make matters more annoying.

I determined that fuel is being delivered to the carbs, so it isn't a fuel
problem. I saw no sign of spark. I an beginning to suspect the cheap
aftermarket points. Instead of screwing the wires to it, they just press in
behind the spring. I'm going back this afternoon to test voltages, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions on a methodical approach to this problem?

Thanks,

Larry