Water Wetter (was: British Cars Digest #974)

To: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil
Subject: Water Wetter (was: British Cars Digest #974)
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 93 09:36:53 pdt
> Date: Wed Oct 20 07:18:50 1993
> From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
> Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #974 Wed Oct 20 01:15:03 MDT 1993
> To: sol@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
>
> just a few comments on the latest digest.
>

> RE: coolant...I use only distilled water and water wetter in the
> race mini cooper, it works great...I also have an expansion tank
> added to the system.(BTW, SVRA will not permit antifreeze in race
> cars.)

Jim,

Are you using the crystals or the liquid?  The crystals contain a
lubricant but the liquid does NOT.  Even the guy at a local race shop
was surprised when I pointed this out to him.  If you use the liquid
then you should add a lubricant as well.  This isn't a problem with a
water/ethylene glycol mix, which is the vastly larger market the liquid
is meant for, but Redline has pretty much dropped its crystal Water
Wetter line so even most race shop only stock the liquid.  Check the
label.

Roland