Corrosive antifreeze

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Corrosive antifreeze
From: toms@stones.sharebase.com (Tom Sabo)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 93 18:26:43 PDT
Well, with all this ionized coolant floating around in my cooling
system, I have a question.

I know that boats have a lead anode bolted to their hulls so that these
anodes will corrode before the metal propshafts, propellers, etc. do...

What about throwing a 1 oz. lead fishing weight into the radiator, maybe
attaching it somehow... anyway... my point is, if boats can use a
sacrificial anode, why can't cars?  Some corrosion I saw in my Jensen
Healey when I rebuilt the motor was pretty scary, indeed.

--toms.