New member

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: New member
From: robert joseph dingli <r.dingli@ee.mu.OZ.AU>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1993 13:28:39 +1000
Hi Everyone,

I have recently subscribed to this list and thought I'd introduce
myself before probing your collective mind on parts availability.

At the tender age of twenty I bought my first truly British car -
a 1974 Daimler Soverign.  Since then I have rebuilt the (Jaguar) 4.2
litre six, replaced most of the front end, stripped the body back
to bare metal (inside and out) and resprayed it with oven baked enamel.
Recently I've converted it to fuel injection using a Jag Series III
inlet manifold and an ECU I designed for the job.  The gearbox and
rear end are the next on the list for overhaul.

Any suggestions for alternatives to the Borg-Warner Model 65?  I'd prefer
a 5 speed manual if I could find a suitable (ie strong and cheap) unit.

Two days ago I brought home my second prized British automobile.  My
brother and a couple of friends have owned 1955 Austin Champs for a
couple of years now.  I was infected with the Champ bug a while ago
but had to wait until a suitable vehicle came up for sale.  After
explaining to most people that it is in fact not a Jeep and showing them
the Rolls Royce engine, they have all been suprised at how comfortable
the ride is given the two inchs of padding on the bench seats.  The sale
also included a spare Champ suitable for spares.

Does anyone out there know of any spare part stocks for Austin Champs?
Australian sources would be best.

Thanks in advance.
Robert Dingli

Thermodynamics Research Labs