Clunk and Merchandise

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Car List)
Subject: Clunk and Merchandise
From: gavin@csis.dit.csiro.au
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 18:04:33 +1000 (EST)
Hello All
  Has anyone is Australia received SOL merchandise?  How much was the freight
and how long did it take?  Pat have you sent in the corrected image?

  For quite a while I've been experience and annoying clunk in the front
steering or suspension of my Rover SD1.  Only appears to happen when you
turn corners even though the angle of the wheels isn't changing around
the curve.  It is especially loud after the car has sat for a few hours
and you pull out of a parking space.  Otherwise you can't hear it unless
you take a corner hard (40 km/h).  The sound is also only on the outside
wheel and is like something pulling free (you can feel it in the steering).

  I retorqued the all the top strut mounting nuts and they're ok.  All the
ball  joints are non serviceable and one (below the strut) has damaged rubber.
Any suggestions on where I should look?

--
  _--_|\             -|-    Gavin Walker