Rover V8 Fuel Injection

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover V8 Fuel Injection
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 93 11:05:18 EDT
Does anyone know about the Fuel Injection systems on the Rover V8s? What I
would like to know is, does the Range Rover's 3.9 have larger intake runners
than the 3.5's? I would like to throw the FI from the 3.9 onto my 3.5 to
give it more top end. They do have the same deck height, don't they?

How difficult would the conversion (from carbuerated) be? I do know a fair
bit about electronics, and have done research on FI systems in the past, so
I am not unfamiliar with the systems, just the specific applications.

Also, how much peak horsepower can the 3.9's FI system feed? (theoretically)

One more thing, as long as I have your attention: Does the 3.9 have bigger
valves? Similar combustion chamber? If so, maybe I should grab the heads too.

Any tips on where to find such information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin