Re: British Cars Digest #976 Fri Oct 22 01:15:00 MDT 1993

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #976 Fri Oct 22 01:15:00 MDT 1993
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Tue Oct 26 08:25:15 1993
Just some notes of interest from the SVRA vintage race in
Atlanta....lots of lbcs

I was pitted next to a fellow with a Turner 950, which he purchased
new in 1958. Not too many other one owner Turners, I would think.

Racing...a very nice D type Jaguar...several lotus elites.  There
was an all Lotus feature race, won by a Lotus 23 (about 4 or 5 of
these raced).

a number of minis, an Anglia, an Escort RS1600(twin cam).

The results from the runoffs were still posted.

I noticed that in GT5, Minis finished 1st and 3d(would have been
1,2, but for a spin).

In E Production, an MGB won.

jim

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or jfuerstenberg@zz-link.dcmdc.dla.mil

"It has been said that motor racing shares in common with sex the distinction
of being of the most popular, most maligned and least understood of human
activities.

Charles Beaumont and William F. Nolan from "Omnibus of Speed"