hazard switch failure?

To: uunet!autox.team.net!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: hazard switch failure?
From: cdenzler@sierra.com (Christian R. Denzler)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1993 07:02:56 -0700
<regarding fuses>
After my blinker ordeal, which was resolved with no small bit of work, I found
that I could now run a 20 amp fuse effectively instead of the 35.  It used to
be so bad that turning the blinker on when in overdrive would blow the fuse.

}       I'm ordering a lot of little electrical stuff from TRF RSN (still going
} through the catalog and deciding what I need).
}
}       Has anyone every had the hazard _switch_ fail?  It seems to have no
} effect - at least it should cut the connection for the normal flasher circuit.
} As best I can tell (hard to see), it's all hooked up, and a BITCH to get out
} (the instructions start with "remove the tach or speedometer, whichever you
} prefer").

The hazard switch failed right away on my GT6+.  Yep, it's a pain in the ass
to get out, but the blinker circuit on the GT6 goes through the hazard
switch, like on some other lbcs...  Yours might have been wired around.  That's
what I did to mine when it failed.  (although I wished I had hazard lights
the other week when I was stranded on the freeway.)

                                        - Chris