progress...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: progress...
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 93 09:00:10 CDT
Hi all,

Just a quick note on my engine rebuild and general Midget progess.
I finally recieved all my engine parts the other day. UPS were about to ship
them back to California because they couldn't find my address - at least
the box didn't look like it had been kicked from CA this time! (Another story).
Dave at British Motorsports was very helpful/knowledgeable, and I decided
to order from him because of this (better customer service than Moss/VB).
He also beat their prices when I asked him too.

Anyway, I just dropped the stuff of to the machinist and hopefully it will
be ready in about a week. There are still a few bits and pieces I need to
aquire before I have all the neccasary parts (oil pump, clutch kit, pipes, etc)
all these 'extra bits' add up to around $400 - ouch. I think this whole rebuild
will come out at about $1500.

The business with State Farm is still an ongoing saga. I'm waiting on a new
'estimate' from them for the front left panel - It will be interesting
to see whether they can beat their previous offer of $144 for over $1000
of damage. I think I may go into insurance...just think of all those
suckers, I mean customers who accept the first offer without fighting. Meanwhile
I can charge upwards of $1500 per annum for insurance to owners of those
'small but expensive deathtraps' (more sarcasm deleted).

Anyway, when it finally goes in to the body shop I'm going to get new
door hinge pillars welded in, and get the right hand floor pan replaced.
Then maybe I can replace the carpet and get the roof back on.........phew.
I can see quite a few paychecks being gobbled up yet.

Marcus Tooze
'74 MG Midget