Re: Laurel and Hardy Install A New Hood

To: timd@ns.ptltd.com (Tim Dziechowski)
Subject: Re: Laurel and Hardy Install A New Hood
From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 12:37:50 -0600 (CST)
Tim Dziechowski writes >

> Somebody (can't remember who) makes an aftermarket front rail weather seal
> which has a big enough groove that you can use small sheetmetal screws
> instead of pop rivets to attach the metal part of the front rail.
> This is nice.

The AMCO top I bought for my '66 Midget came with no seals, but it did
have sheet metal screws.  The instructions were to drill out the rivets to
some specified size (might have been 1/8") and use the supplied sheet
metal screws.

The top was a cream white.  I used it seldom enough that folks would come
up to me ask if it was new on those occasions I did use it, just because
they had seen the car on and off for a few years and never seen the top.