Re Midget Oil Leaks

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re Midget Oil Leaks
From: anthony315@aol.com
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 94 21:23:54 EST
Hello Tim Dziechowski,
>I'm not the original poster, but the gasket is missing from my dipstick and
>I'm looking for a new one.  Did you buy one or make one?  If you bought it,
>could you tell me where from?
I got lucky, I looked in one of my parts boxes and found one that would work.
However, I just went thru my parts catalogs and The Roadster Factory
(800-234-1104) has it in stock, p/n 32307 and its $0.85. They call it a seal,
felt, dipstick.
>I have a stock Weber DGV on my Midget 1500, and like everyone else on >this
list I've talked to, it runs rich and fouls plugs.  Have you had yours
>rejetted?
No, I haven't rejetted mine. I used to have that problem, but I re-built it a
couple months or so ago and no problems with it running rich or fouling plugs
since then. My plug electrodes are a nice normal tan color. If you would like
I'll E-mail the idle setting procedure that I got from the people who I
bought the re-build kit from. It sure helped me set my carb idle and mixture
correctly. Plus if you have a "Colortune" availible, that makes it easier
too.

Hope this helps,
Anthony Bailey       '77 Triumph Spitfire 1500         MiddleBurg, Florida
Anthony315@aol.com
baileya@freenet.fsu.edu