TR3 ravings & note for Ric

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 ravings & note for Ric
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 94 09:40:14 -0800
Last Night was the monthly Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club meeting.  Two TR3As
showed up to the meeting and one was a post TS60000 :*).  Ric found me with my
head under a bonnet scribling madly in my note book "Grounding #6 sheet metal
screw goes about 1/2 way down the length of the horizontal flange of the left
side of the battery box.  About 1/2 screw head dia distance between edge of
screw and flange...."

Dick Nyquest found me laying under the passanger side of the instrument panel,
legs sticking out of the car " Clamp goes on choke cable and attaches to screw
mounting  door side edge of where lower instrument panel stiffiner strut
attaches to battery box."

Unrestored original cars, I love them! I think that if people who write books on
restoring cars had to actually use their books, they would provide much better
data.  I have three references that talk about or have drawings illustrating the
placement of gauges on a TR3.  None agree with each other.  I took my best guess
and according to the two cars I looked at last night I got two of the gauges
wrong.  Well back to the old instrument panel..

Ric,

 The other extra set of TR3 seat slides came in yesterday.  I now have a
complete extra set of seat slides (enough to do a whole TR).  I would be just as
happy to sell them then to return them to the Roadster Factory (a sales person
told me over the phone, one kit does one side of the seat when infact one kit
does one entire seat).

They cost 39.95 per kit (enough to do one seat).  I got one of them from the 15%
sale so how does $74 sound for enough new TR3 slides to do the entire car?

While on the subject, I have a new Lucas voltage regulator still in the box.  It
is the screw terminal type.  TRF wants $49.95 for one.  I will be happy to let
it go for $40.

Of course these are plus shipping costs if I need to ship them.

Take care,

TeriAnn
I'm in danger of actually having a completely assembled TR3A this summer!??

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561