Re: British Cars Digest #1087 Thu Feb 3 16:01:40 MST 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1087 Thu Feb 3 16:01:40 MST 1994
From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes <jayj@hpislj.lvld.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 94 17:27:03 MST
> SCOTT, YOU'RE SO INTUITIVE !!  ACTUALLY IT'S A LITTLE OF BOTH.
> I'M REMINDED OF A RECENT CONVERSATION WITH TWO FRIENDS, BOTH
> OF WHOM HAVE TWO BIG HEALEYS.
>
> FRIEND #1 - Nice looking Healey, you do good work.  What did
> it cost you overall?

Reminds me of a recent conversation:

FRIEND #1:  I just bought a new acounting program for my PC.  I spent
last night entering my expenses for my MGB.  Now I'll be able to track
exactly what it's costing me.

FRIEND #2 (off into space):  Why would anyoone want to do something so
incredibly stupid?

> I do like to see a few cars in unusual and (originally) unpopular colors,
> as a record of the way things were.  Leaf green for bugeyes, and oh, yes,
> there was a really wild pink on later Sprites, and how about plum colored
> TR 6's, and mineral blue and tyrolite (sp?) green MGA's?  All worth
> preserving.  I've been tempted to buy an MGA just so I could paint it
> tyrolite green.

> Ray Gibbons
We have a tyrolite green MGA here in Denver. Its quite striking, very
fifties, and I like it a lot!  How about the purple MGB's from the mid
70s?

Personally, I'm going the original Black with my Magnette, but it's
only because I like the look of an old Saloon in black with red
interior. We had an MGB show up at the Denver cnclave two years ago
painted in two-tone purple and white, with 57 Ford Victoria chrome on
the sides!  Darn thing won one of the people's choice awards.  I hated
it for the first two hours, and then it grew on me for the rest of the
day. It was pretty well integrated with the car's lines and certainly
stood out from the other 40 BRG or Red MGBs parked next to it.

  Cheers,
    Jay