uh oh....clutch

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: uh oh....clutch
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 08:53:47 CST
Hmmmm,

Just when everything is almost hunky-dory (aprt from the floor pan, carpet,
dash, tach, lights, carbs, roof, aposts) the clutch starts getting
icky. This morning I was having a devil of a time getting into 2nd, then 1st
at the stop lights.....crunch crunch....I wimpered at every sound.

When I got to work I ppped the lid and checked the clutch fluid level...
hmmm, half full. I looked around the master cyl., and couldn't see
any fluid. I followed the pipe down to where it meets the flexible line,
couyldn't see any fluid. So that leaved the slave cylinder. At lunch time
I'm going to check that the bleed nipple is not the problem. The thing
is it only started happening today, so a poss. blown seal in the slave???
I will now make a small prayer to The Gods for it to be the nipple.

ObLbcStory

My bosses boss saw me stood by the Midget last night as I let her warm up,
and he wandered over and made the general chit chat. He told me
he used to own a 1962 Spridget when he was a 'boy', and he
made a few customizations of his own. Get this, he said his uncle
wrote off a Mustang he had, and so my boss cut out the front grill on the
Mustang, duly sliced out the grill on the poor Spridget (along with
some of the fenders (wings)) and put the mustang grill in place.
"WHY?" I hear you chime. He said he wanted the horse emblem so people
would think he was driving a Ferrari ?!???!!

Marcus