Decanter & BMW

To: "British Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Decanter & BMW
From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail.fnal.gov>
Date: 4 Feb 1994 11:46:49 -0600
                       Subject:                               Time:10:38 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Decanter & BMW                         Date:2/4/94
George  Haynes wrote:
> two matching ceramic pieces, one a decanter,
> the other an ash tray, both cream / off-white with numerous small
> decal-like auto logos, most of them British (like MG in an octagon).

> Anyone ever seen something like this?

Sounds like the sort of thing gas stations used to give away free with a
fillup. My sweetie found me a partial set of glasses at a garage sale from
Mobil depicting a 100-6 and a TR3, but then they got broke. Sigh!

 Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com> wrote:
> but I've always assumed its origin was from the way BMW is pronounced in
German.

Nein!   Kopfenabgeschliessen!
Auf Deutschland sagt man "Bay Emm Vay".