Re: grape ape

To: sol <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: grape ape
From: Randy Wilson <randy@taylor.wyvern.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 1994 15:58:14 -0500 (EST)
> "dark tulip" and was only on either the 70, or 71.  This color essentially was
> black, but if you saw it in the sunlight you could see the hint of purple in
>it.

 There were "grape" purple MG's from the factory. I have seen exactly two of
them here in the states. One was a 73 Midget. The other was a 74 B; my very
first MGB. It was a rather unique color, and quite pretty as long as there
was no oxidation (i.e. for about two days after each wash/wax). Alas, the
insurance company of a sailor with a little too much shore leave turned that
car into a white 72 model.

   Randy
     randy@taylor.wyvern.com