grape ape

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: grape ape
From: DNESS@delphi.com
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 1994 12:33:05 -0500 (EST)
I have seen alot of different colors in "B's".  I once saw a B at a show on the
cape that was literally purple, I called it the grape ape, the owner was about
6'6" and drank about 7 cans of "JOLT" cola per hour, very nice guy.  At any
ratehis B was purple which actually looked pretty good with the chrome (I think
it
was a 74) but it really contrasted with all of the rubber moulding, especially
aroung the windshield.  I believe that the correct color of purple was called
"dark tulip" and was only on either the 70, or 71.  This color essentially was
black, but if you saw it in the sunlight you could see the hint of purple in it.
I originally had wanted to use the color Limeflower on my old B, it seemed like
a really neat color.  I then saw the actual color on a parts car for sale at
the Westminster show in Vermont 2 years back, it was too drab.  All of my B's
have been white, and I have to admit that I love the white and chrome together.

I saw another mention of the Westminster show in Vermont.  I have been a regular
I saw another mention of the Westminster show in Vermont.  I have been a
regularopps   at that show for the last 4 years and absolutely love it.  Is
there any
one else that attends the show, maybe we have met.  I would love to chat about
the show if anyone else has been there.  How about that covered bridge tour.

Dan