Removing laquer from dash?

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Removing laquer from dash?
From: gall@beta.uleth.ca (Greg Gall)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 94 18:51:18 MST
It seems that the PO decided to do a little interior remodelling in the
car I just purchased. Instead of the original black colour (it is a '77
Triumph TR7, sorry Ital-cars readers), he decided it would look much
better BLUE!

Not that the colour is all that bad, but the paint is already scratching
and rubbing off. I would prefer to return the dash to its original
unpainted state, if possible.

Does anybody know what I can do to clean the paint off?

- I tried using 99% pure isopropyl alcohol - takes the paint off without
harming the plastic, however, it doesn't lift the paint out of the
texture. A friend suggested laquer thinner, what do you think?

I thought I'd send tis posting out to ALL you experts in this field
(which explains why I cross-posted).

Thanx in advance for any suggestions!

Greg.
--
Internet: gall@ultrix.uleth.ca

"You miss too much these days if you stop to think"
By a famous Irish poet and philosopher, Bono of the band U2, circa '91.

'76 Triumph TR7 V8 (Buick 350) Fixedhead Coupe.
'77 Triumph TR7 4spd, A/C Fixedhead Coupe.              _   /|  A
'79 Triumph TR7 Auto Drophead Coupe.                    \`o_O'  C
'78 Mazda RX7.                                            ( )   K
'73 FIAT 128 Coupe SL 1300cc.                              U    !