Re: grape ape (LBC Color Choices)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: grape ape (LBC Color Choices)
From: steveb@msd.measurex.com (Steve Beck)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 94 09:35:02 -0500
>  I believe that the correct color of purple was called
>"dark tulip" and was only on either the 70, or 71.  This color
>essentially was black, but if you saw it in the sunlight you could see
>the hint of purple in it.

Actually this color was called "Black Tulip" and was produced for the
1973 model year. My father had a '73 MGB GT in this color. I have only
seen one other car painted Black Tulip in all my lbc days.

I'm not sure if Midgets were offered in Black Tulip, but it really was
a nice color, especially when coupled with wire wheels. For someone
looking for an original color which looks good yet stands out from the
white-red-brg crowd, I think this is a good choice.

Steve