GT6 running and almost up

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 running and almost up
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6612" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 94 08:00:27 PST
Well, I finally got to put the carbs back on the GT6 this past Saturday along
with a couple of other things.  I had to drain the gas tank first, the gas was
about a year and a half old.  Put the carbs on and it started right up, lots
of smoke and crap but I let it warm up and the exhaust cleared up.  Adjusted
the idle and balanced the
carbs.  Played with the needle adjustemnts for the best idle and checked it out
with a colortune, both front and back were light blue.   Bled the brakes and
installed a new tach cable and headlamp switch.  I got the tires back on, by
that time it was getting dark.  The car is un-registered and I still need to
get it past the smog police, but I wanted to take it for a spin, it's been a
long time since a drove it last.  Started it up, but it started running like
only one carb was getting fuel.  I didn't have time to look into it.  The carbs
have grose jets, but I also had the same problem with the stock float valves,
they'd stick shut occasionally.  I noticed the grose jets take a bit of
pressure to open them after they're shut and I'm wondering if the fuel pump
(which is the origional one) is getting weak and is not supplying enough
pressure to open the float valves.  What's the correct fuel pressure for a
stock pump?  Vicky Brit has them on sale so maybe this is a good time to
replace it.

Mike G.