Re: British Cars Digest #1089 Fri Feb 4 21:13:15 MST 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1089 Fri Feb 4 21:13:15 MST 1994
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Mon Feb 7 09:15:13 1994
RE: Scott Fisher's comment on crankcase ventilation...

On A series race motors you cannot have too much ventilation.  On my
13.5 to 1 mini motor, the last few years I have run three vent
hoses...from the valve cover, the tappet cover and the timing
housing.  This season I am adding a fourth, from the transfer case.
I have not had a problem with blowby...but I re-ring the engine each
season...and I guess I have been lucky.  I use no suction, but just
direct all the hoses into a catch-can.

Jim
jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil