Line Art

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Line Art
From: sfisher@Megatest.COM (Scott Fisher)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 94 11:21:49 PST
One side effect of doing the HyperCard stack is that I now have
digital line art showing a brace of SU carburetors, complete
with linkage.  Neat stuff.

Then on another mailing list, someone mentioned his air mass
meter going out on a late-model EFI-equipped car, at a cost of
hundreds of dollars to replace the unit with a new one, for a
failure that he can't see and can't hope to fix.  This of
course prompted me to come up with a great T-shirt slogan:

The more I know about EFI, the more I like my SUs.

So how do I go about getting this to the people who are doing
the SOL logo stuff?  Would anyone else like T-shirts that said
this under line art of SU carbs (they're nominally HS4s, with
the separate float chambers)?  I can scale it and give them
PostScript on a Mac diskette (it's likely to be a biiiiig file,
though; this tool, for some reason, is a real hog).

Actually, the cool way to do this would be to print it out
at 1200 dpi reeeeeal big, then photoreduce it to get rid of any
jaggies.  Though since I used the draw, not the paint tool to
do this, just printing at 1200 DPI will make it look like line art.

One way or another.  I might just do the artwork myself and take
it local, but I think there's a definite need for these shirts!

--Scott "Well, at least ONE of these shirts" Fisher