Re: Fire Extinguishers

To: reilly@admail.fnal.gov
Subject: Re: Fire Extinguishers
From: timd@ns.ptltd.com (Tim Dziechowski)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 94 17:51 EST
Rob Reilly writes:

> Anybody want to start a thread on fire protection? I have a fire extinguisher
> in my garage, and I think I'll put another one on the outside, but I'm
> wondering if there is any sort of passive fire extinguishing device I could
> hang from the rafters which would work even if I'm not around.

Apparently snow won't suffice; there was probably plenty of that on the roof
of the barn where the Silver Ghost perished.  Halon comes to mind.  I don't
know if Halon is environmentally correct these days; I suspect not.  I've
been looking for Halon fire extinguishers for my own garage for some time
now with no luck.  I've cleaned up after fires which were put out by
conventional chemical extinguishers, and I'd rather not go through that again.

timd@ptltd.com  (Tim Dziechowski - Phoenix Technologies - Cambridge, Mass)
"just park your LBC at the fire house"