RE: PCV valves and MGB's

To: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil
Subject: RE: PCV valves and MGB's
From: Ken Neff <kneff@tivoli.tivoli.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 94 9:48:41 CST
> Let me describe the current system I have installed right now....
>
> Crankcase breather tube from block to PCV valve....PCV valve
> installed to allow gas (not petrol gas) to flow from block to carbs and
> not the other way (to prevent backfireworks). divider connected to end
> of PCV valve...two tubes go to the brass tubes on either inner-side of the
> the SUs.

This is exactly the setup I have.  Of course, I don't know how well it works,
because my '73 Midget doesn't yet run (it does gush fuel from the front float
bowl).

Do all PCV's operate on similar principles?  That is, do they all vary flow
in inverse proportion to vacuum?

> This is a 74 Midget....and as far as I can tell from the manual....this
> set up (apart from  the PCV valve ) is correct.

Which manual?  I've got the Haynes, and I couldn't find a decent picture of
the setup.

                                                                        Ken

--
1990 Corrado                 If it can't kill ya'          Ken Neff
1988 Hawk GT (racebike)        it ain't a sport            Tivoli Systems, Inc.