Stupid Question of the Month Entry

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Stupid Question of the Month Entry
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 11:52:14 -0500 (EST)
Well, here's my entry in the contest for the most fat-headed question of
Feb'94. I'm rebuilding my side curtains on the TR3. THey are now complete
except that the driver side is missing the dzus fasters for the door
clips.

The passenger side is complete, with the dzus units being held in place
by the washer, along with a trapped spring.

Here's the question: These washers don't look special. THey are solid and
flat like any other washer. How the bloody hell do these things come on
and off ? do you just ram them over the ridge on the dzus fastner? At
first I thought that the dzus must be threaded to come apart. Seems not.
The manual is exceedingly unhelpful on this.

What's the secret?