Re: My Wife Likes Yellow

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (britcars)
Subject: Re: My Wife Likes Yellow
From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 17:36:19 -0500
> From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
> Wade Massengil writes >
>
> >My Wife Likes Yellow
>
> Mine doesn't, worse luck.  I'd like the original Lotus Yellow #7 on my
> Europa, but "teal" (specifically Honda green BP-28P-4) has been selected
> by the family.

Say it isn't so! Weird original colours are fine, even a novelty, a
conversation piece, a standout."Gee those cars were interesting, and those
*colours* they used back then..." But weird colours from another time
are another matter. There's nothing worse than walking into that charming
1930s house only to find the dreaded 1970s kitchen. The nagging comment
is "Why did they do *that*?!" just imagine what "teal" will look like
in ten years...

Of course, you may paint your car any colour you like, and the trendier the
colour, the more likely you are to have interest from passers by of a later
era. Then again, you can always repaint it later.

Fun with funny paint,

Jody

jlevine@rd.hydro.on.ca - Toronto - '79 TR7 (pretty close to) factory dark red