Re: Positive Crankcase ventilation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Positive Crankcase ventilation
From: kburtch@pts.mot.com (Kevin Burtch X8534 Ppppp)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 17:32:13 EST
> Date: Tue, 08 Feb 1994 12:24:25 -0700 (MST)
> From: Dennis <IEDXW@asuvm.inre.asu.edu>
> Subject: Positive Crankcase ventilation

> About having large tubes with little restriction as leaning out the mixture
> too much.  If you have an airtight engine (or almost) the inlet vaccum
> cannot pull in so much air as too lean out the mixture so the car will
> hardly run, at least I think.  As long as you have an airtight block
> the inlet vac should only pull a slight volume of air (mostly toxic vapours)
> from the crank and maintain a vaccum.

The TR7 has such a system. It is to the point that if you remove the oil
filler cap, the engine will die immediately. This also makes for a good
way to check your rings: If you'r rings are worn badly, the engine will
keep running, because the blowby is greater than the vacuum through the
two approx. 1/2" dia. lines! I found this out the hard way. :(

> Cheers Dennis

Later,
Kevin