RE: Brake problems on 77MGB

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake problems on 77MGB
From: Stieber A <stiebera@db.erau.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 09:14:21 -0500 (EST)
I just had the same problem on my 77MGB, though not as bad.I didnt see
any white smoke, but had a mysterious loss of fluid. The master
cylinder was bad, not the booster. Apparently when the master cylinder
goes bad the fluid makes its way into the booster, where it gets sucked
into the engine.
I just rebuilt the master cylinder and no more leaks. Idid the whole thing
 (rebuilt master and bled system) in one sunny afternoon. I even replaced
the flex lines while I was at it. Overall the simplest thing I ever did on
the car.
Good luck,
drew
stiebera@db.erau.edu