Re: TR3 questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars)
Subject: Re: TR3 questions
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 94 17:18:32 MST
TeriAnn,
The bolt you asked about is ~2-3 inches in length (if I remember
corectly).  You really need 2 people to properly adjust the gas peddle
travel.  Person #1 works out by the carbs, and person #2 works down by
the gas peddle.  Person #1 holds the carbs at max throtle (note: engine
not running), and person #2 adjusts the bolt to stop the peddle from
travelling any farther down.  Then to protect your accelorator linkages
I suggest that you limit the peddle travel by an additional 1/8-1/4 of
an inch.  This of course means that you will not be able to completly
open up the carbs, but I feel it is better to have a
running-not-quite-so-fast car than a well-it-was-quick-until car.

By the way you should be able to determine the length of the bolt by
measuring the distance from the peddle to the nut, while the peddle is
at full throttle.
--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley