TR3 questions

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 questions
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 94 10:33:02 -0800
I made little headway on the TR3  this last weekend, though I did manage to
retorque the head of the Land Rover and give it a major tune up, replace the
pushrods in the MGBGT, torque the head, adjust the valves run it for a half hour
then retorque & readjust them again on Sunday.

I am stalled on two things and could use a little advice.

1. There is a bolt and jam nut that act as a lower stop to the gas peddel.  The
factory manual just mentions its existance and says when you put in the peddel
assemble to adjust it.  Dosn't say ho. It just says to adjust it.  So Dum
question #1..  Adjust it for what length?  Also, since I have a threaded hole
and no bolt, how long is the bolt?

2.  The late TR3 brake calipers are centered by use of shims that go between the
caliper and mounting bracket.  Mine came with 3 shims on each side.  The factory
manual dosn't mention the existence of these shims and there is no section on
centering the calipers, only on truness.  There doesn't seem to be an easy way
to mount the calipers with the shims between it and the bracket, and lineing up
the caliper, three shims, dust shield and the bracket.  Anyone have any
suggestions?????  I knew it was time to quit for the day Sunday evening when i
found myself at the point of tossing the shims and mounting the calipers without
them.

If she was running, we would be spending this day following roads through the
forrest and along the coast.  Not punching a keyboard.

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561