Re: MKI MGB parts

To: (British Cars) british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MKI MGB parts
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 1994 12:30:59
>From Will Zehring:

> Sorry for the chatter, but regarding my search for the heater and
> de-mister gear mechanisms, I think they may be universal to the B,
> that is, any year may have the same gear-mechanism.

I'm not aware of any source for MGB heater controls, other than parts
cars, and they did change several times. I think I may hold the record on
long distance SOL parts exchange, as I shipped off a complete MKI heater
(er, "de-mister") system, including controls to Hiran Wijetilaka in
Australia last summer (his winter). Hardest part of an MGB to get to...

Is it just around here, or are MKI MGB parts cars non- existant these days?
I'm starting to get the feeling I'd make more $$ selling my '67 GT
project car (stripped to shell) and '67 GT parts car as all seperate parts,
rather than as a package deal. (And, I do want to sell them soon, one
way or ther other...)

   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | "The South Lansing Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!