Re: info on pre Lotus Seven

To: frimo@daimi.aau.dk
Subject: Re: info on pre Lotus Seven
From: "Josh A. Kablotsky" <joshua.kablotsky@analog.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 94 15:15:33 EST
><frimo@daimi.aau.dk> said:

 Morten> To check the wires you just take the wheel off. Take a little hammer
 Morten> and then give each wire a little knock on the middle. If each wire
 Morten> makes exactly the same sound the wires are probably ok (or they are
all bad!!).
 Morten> Please correct me if I am wrong!

I've asked the same question of a professional bicycle mechanic,
regarding bicycle wheels.  His response was to true the wheel (make
sure it's round), check the dish (the hub isn't off to the side, is
it?), and if it holds true, the wheel is good.  Even on good wheels,
not all spokes will sound alike.  I also remember his comment, "It's a
wheel, not a musical instrument."  I don't know if this applies to
LBC wire wheels -- why not?

-Josh Kablotsky