re: Calif. vanity plates

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Calif. vanity plates
From: William Jaquith <jake@ux6.lbl.gov>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 11:12:32 -0800
The last time I checked DMV was no longer issuing the yellow on
blue plates. The only plates available were the white reflector
plates, which IMHO are just not California plates. The new
Yosemite plates have a scene (Half Dome perhaps). Unfortunately
I believe that they are an additional $65 every year (to go to
some sort of Yostemite restoration fund).

On a separate issue apparently the 'cash for junkers' is gaining
support. There are articles in the San Jose Mercury and the Hayward
paper about how 'good and sensible' this program is. There were no
details but I am concerned.
Jake