E-type floors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: E-type floors
From: Will Zehring <WZEHRIN@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 14:14:58 EST
Fellow fiends:

Yes, the early E-types had "flat" floors, probably by force of habit from
the previous XK series of cars.  I don't know when the transition to the
concave floor occured but I believe it was rather early as the flat floor
type is considered very rare (tho I ain't no Jag historian).  I suspect
that the conversion was no later than '63.  Appearantly, the cockpit space
was just too confining for people with the flat floors.  (Actually, it wasn't
the people who had flat floors, it was the cars. hahahahahaha).  As it turns,
that charming quirk adds to the price of the thing.  Ah, life's rich
pageant!

Cheers,
Will "Ain't nothing flat on my floors" Zehring

P.S. thanks to those with comments on battery purchases.  Big ice storm
on the way tonight/tomorrow so I will likely miss the "sale" entirely.

P.P.S.  Are there any spare MkI sprites for sale in Lynchburg?

P.P.P.S.  How did that place get that name, anyway?