John Kipping and V8 Fuel Injection

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: John Kipping and V8 Fuel Injection
From: Andy Ashworth <tcsaca@aie.lreg.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 94 10:04:30 GMT
I would just like to add my praise of John Kipping Triumph Spares. I was in the
unfortunate position of having a two piece crankshaft for my Spitfire a few
years ago - Kippings were able to provide a new short engine (block crank and
pistons) within a week at a very reasonable price. On the subject of gear boxes
etc, their re-conditioning is performed by a two man outfit run by an ex Triumph
technician and a current Rover engineer - again excellent value and quality.

Kevin Burtch asks about modifying fuel injection systems for the TR8/ Rover SD1.
It's my understanding that the system fitted was supplied by the good old
Princes of Darkness. All of their systems that I have encountered are based
on Motorola processors and are tuned by changing EPROM data. The only analogue
circuitry contained is for conditioning the signals to and from the outside
world. I still have contacts at the Lucas College Road factory where they used
to be made so I may be able to obtain a little more info.

Andy

Andy Ashworth
Lloyd's Register                        email:  tcsaca@uk.co.lreg.aie
29, Wellesley Road                      Phone:  +44 (0)81 681 4040 ext 4510
Croydon                                 Fax:    +44 (0)81 681 4839
CR0 2AJ