Re: how to make your stock '74 MGB run cooler

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: how to make your stock '74 MGB run cooler
From: todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 94 11:25:44 CST
> > behold, the temperature gauge dropped to the usual nighttime reading!  I
[ ... ]
> No, a new sending unit will not help. The question is whether the fuel gauge
> has the same symptom. If it does, suspect the voltage stabilizer.

oh, but didn't you already know that the fuel gauge was _dead_?  ;)

(after many years, the act of properly spelling "gauge" is making the
 transition from cognitive act to reflex.)

on the subject of the "clunker laws", somebody requested a list of organi-
zations (well, i've got "gauge" down, but how do you hyphenate "organization"?)
dedicated to fighting this inane blight.  in a previous issue of <one of those
auto mags> appeared such a list; if coerced, i could locate and post it.  and
please, somebody, coerce me.  it's high time i shed my lazy nature and started
fighting for what i love.

my memory tells me that pre-'75 (or whatever year) autos are responsible for
a ridiculously small percentage of atmospheric pollution in the first place.
anybody got the numbers for this?

-todd
todd@mudbug.nrlssc.navy.mil