TR7/8 FI

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7/8 FI
From: James TenCate <jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 1994 10:11:00 -0600
Andy writes:
>Kevin Burtch asks about modifying fuel injection systems for the TR8/RoverSD1.
>It's my understanding that the system fitted was supplied by the good old
>Princes of Darkness. All of their systems that I have encountered are based
>on Motorola processors and are tuned by changing EPROM data. The only analogue

Not true.  Fuel injection on both the TR7 and TR8 is standard Bosch L-jetronic
(with lambda).  All the parts can be gotten at any place that sells Bosch
stuff.  The ONLY thing that's Lucas is the TR8's ECU :-(  The TR7 has
a standard Bosch ECU.  The North American SD1 (3500) has the same setup
as the TR8.  Lucas didn't REALLY get into the FI business with these cars
until a bit later (83?) and by then, the Triumph marque was gone anyway.
Andy IS probably correct about the later Rover models though although
I suspect Kevin was curious about the early Bosch version (he's a member
of the TR8list :-)  I'll look at my Rover V8 book tonight if anyone's
curious about the later Lucas versions of FI for the V8...

L8er,
jim