Re: Re: Fuel Injection on TR6

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Injection on TR6
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: 26 Feb 1994 08:34:50 -0500 (EST)
Hi Again,

I almost forgot some comments about TR6 fuel injection.

I would not be surprised if it was possible to use the parts from another
2.5 litre fuel injected auto as a donation to a FI TR6. The manifold stuff
could be from a Weber carb conversion, and you would have to do some
machining / welding to accept the injectors etc. The rest would be
pretty straight-forward installation of the metering unit and the basic
wiring and sensors.

But fuel injection on a TR6 has to be cool, the PI TR6 is listed as
having 50 BHP more than the Federal Emissions (carb version) model. In
fact the PI TR6 uses a higher rear end gear, thus has a higher top end
rated speed.

In short, a PI TR6 would be way cool.

Bye,
rml

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |