Spies and LBCs...and YATQ (Yet ANother TR6 Question)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spies and LBCs...and YATQ (Yet ANother TR6 Question)
From: -------------------------------------------------------------------- <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 94 00:35:17 EST
Bond actually ended up driving a Bentley Mulsanne Turbo (Convertible?) in the
later John Gardner (Wassisname) books, I think.  At least he got back to a
LBC.  Also, my favorite show's protagonist, The Prisoner, drives something
which besides being small, british and cute was, I think, referred to as
'the Lotus' a few times.  Does anyone out there who knows their Lotuses and the
Prisoner know if this is true and if so whatcar it was?

Also, I have found a need to replace the springs on Amanda, my Significant TR6.
Can someone tell me roughly how long it should take a competent mechanic to do
this, so I can tell whether the quote I was given is waaay off or not?  I read
the Five Laws of British Cars and sighed in recognition of my own self and my
dear Amanda.  Lessee, In the past two months she's needed a tuneup, a clutch
hydraulic system, a battery, ignition wires, brakes... :-) :-)

-JB