Re: Spies and LBCs...and YATQ (Yet ANother TR6 Question)

To: zimerman@mit.edu
Subject: Re: Spies and LBCs...and YATQ (Yet ANother TR6 Question)
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 1994 10:48:12 PST
In message <9402270535.AA12831@bolognese.MIT.EDU> you write:

>Bond actually ended up driving a Bentley Mulsanne Turbo (Convertible?) in the
>later John Gardner (Wassisname) books, I think.  At least he got back to a
>LBC.

That's really a BBC (Big BC) but at least it's a BC.  Maybe I should try again;
sounds like Wossname is getting it right at last...The books of his I *did*
read read too much like Bond *movies* and not Bond *books*, which are very
different.

>Also, my favorite show's protagonist, The Prisoner, drives something
>which besides being small, british and cute was, I think, referred to as
>'the Lotus' a few times.

It's a Lotus Super Seven, which at one point #6 said he ahd built with his own
hands.  7s were the original kit-car...

>Also, I have found a need to replace the springs on Amanda, my Significant TR6
>  .
>Can someone tell me roughly how long it should take a competent mechanic to do
>this, so I can tell whether the quote I was given is waaay off or not?

Hmmm.  Just R&R rear springs?  I'd guess a competent mechanic with the right
tools and immunity to shipwright's disease could do it in less than an hour a
side.  More if he replaces shocks, bleeds brakes, replaces u-joints, diff
mounts, trailing arm bushes, or has to weld any of the notoriously weak
brackets.  Leter today I'll actually look at the procedure in the shop manual
(out in the garage and I'm still in my Sunday-lazy-read-the-funnies-sip-coffee-
and-read-E-mail jammies) and see what they say.

  --berry