Beer commercial

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Beer commercial
From: donne@DBresearch-berlin.de (Dr.Jeff Donne)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 94 09:50 MET
Hello Friends,

   There is a TV advertisement for beer here in Germany that most of you
would just love.  It begins with close-ups of a dashboard without gauges,
and engine parts spread over the floor of a very dirty garage.  It continues
with close-ups of hands putting an engine together, cutting new fabric for
upholstery, and finally the finishing touches are put on by inserting
new gauges in the dash.  The commercial ends with a wide view of a guy
sitting in a very shiny, perfectly reconditioned MG (the roadster type,
sorry, but I don't know my early MG's too well), and says something like,
"Now its time for a beer!" as he sits in the absolutely perfectly redone
car, sipping a beer in the middle of a dark and dirty garage.

   The problem is, this commercial makes me want to get my hands dirty,
bang up my knuckles, and cuss a lot more than it makes me want to drink
the good German beer.

Cheers,
Jeff D.