Britcar Love Affair

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Britcar Love Affair
From: GNH.Wbst207V@xerox.com
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 14:12:39 PST
Wayne Angevine (wayne@christmas.al.bldrdoc.gov) presumes:

<It's probably not possible to fall in love with a car after you're 20 or so.>

Gotta disagree here (there's always gonna be an exception!)
I helped a friend renovate his 1957 MGA in 1982.  The following year he
"gave" me the car for the whole summer, as a reward for the time I spent
on it (a very nice gesture).  I came to lust for an MGA of my own after that
summer, and I was 44 then.  The happy ending is that I bought one in 1987
and completed its restoration in 1990.  Several years and 19,000 miles later
some new has worn off the MGA but not the affinity.  It remains a handsome,
dependable, fun-to-drive car which will remain in my posession until my
fingers must be pried from the steering wheel.

George Haynes
1965 TR4A, BRG, IRS, Surrey Top, OD
1956 MGA, Dove Grey,  live axle, soft top, OD
(not necessarily in that order because the TR needs a restoration -  soon!)