Re: PosiDriv-ers (Was Re: Bugeye Grill and Manual)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PosiDriv-ers (Was Re: Bugeye Grill and Manual)
From: passaret@sol.med.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti x7-4485)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 94 18:04:16 CST
# From @ohmg.hydro.on.ca:jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca  Mon Feb 28 17:38:22 1994

#
# >From: toms@sharebase.com (Tom Sabo)
# >Ack... Did I miss something?  What is pozi-drive?
#
# Let me!
#
# Let's see. PosiDriv looks like Phillips and tastes like Phillips, but
# the cross is shallower. This means that you can only get the very tip
# of a good Phillips screwdriver into a PosiDriv screw, and this tends to
# mangle the screw in a hurry (just ask my motorcycle). To prevent this,
# you can wave money (lots) at the Snap On man, file off your good Phillips
# drivers, or, of all things, use cheap Phillips screwdrivers. Cheap
# Phillips screwdrivers aren't very pointy, and tend to fit PosiDriv
# screws pretty well.

Or you can wave (less) money at your Cooper tools rep.  The
Type-99 drivers have a set of PosiDriv blades available...

                                                                -MM